Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Info On Conroe X 6800 Benching
O-CuK Forums > Software > Benchmarking...
[O-CuK]eOn
Hi guys, I'll try not to bore you all to death with "how great" conroe is, but over the weekend I have played a bit and wanted to share some of the info with you.

Firstly, this chip has much potential. Anyone thinking of getting any of the conroe range should do! I have hit a limit here with the standard cooler but I know that water or even just a better HSF would reward you with some stunning over clocks.

I have manged to get 1 Mel super PI to 14.500Secs and 2 Mil 35.375Secs, but I know that if I turn off the throttling I would easy crack 14 secs. How ever I would also over-heat. I have got the chip up to 3.6 but if I let it stay at 3.6 it just over heats so under the Mach I should see some interesting results.

Now here's a funny thing, my DFI Infinity motherboard has some funny side effects. For one, when I turn on the system sometimes it waits for 3 to 6 sec before powering up. And for some reason I only have between x6 and x11 multiplier. Most other boards I have looked at hit at least x13 so helpfully DFI will change that in a new bios update.

I have run quite a few benchmarks but here's quite an interesting one:

3DMark 2006 Score 6642 3dMarks
SM2.0 Score 2449
SM3.0 Score 2745
CPU Score 3058

Single ATI 1900XTX and yes I think I'll get a second.

Hope someone found that interesting.

Tom.

Sorry should add some CPU info:

Stable at 3510 Mhz x11 Multi
FSB 319Mhz
Bus speed 1276Mhz
Mem 478.7Mhz
Mem at 4-4-4-12 (not played with this yet).

CPU at 1.36V
Mem at 2.6V
[O-CuK]Rockin'
How could we ever get bored with benchmark scores?

Keep it up Tom toast.gif
[O-CuK]eOn
Took mem down to 410Mhz yesterday after I posted and got the cpu to 3.7 with a 333Mhz FSB.

That did super PI in 13.9 secs!

I really wish this forum had the facility to upload pics and stuff. sad.gif
P-Dub
Send em to me Eon, i'll host em for ya.
Prometheus
Super Pi is all well and good but 3D Mark scores and real gaming benchmark scores are the really interesting ones.

I am sure that your 3D06 score that you have posted is very similar to mine with my Opteron 170 at 3.2GHz...

I also have an X1900XTX so we are at least able to compare differences due to CPU only.

[EDIT]

3DMark Score 6280 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 2373 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 2682 Marks

CPU Score 2429 Marks

[/EDIT]

I do have one with the score at around 6,400 as well but can't find it.
VeeHexx
weird. ur conroe system dont beat my single core 146 @ 3ghz (SLI 7800gtx 580/1130)
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=254991 - 6869 for '06

cpu score blows me outta the water tho. 1194 marks i get.
Prometheus
He is only running a single GFX card so what did you expect!!! Compare your CPU score to mine Veehexx

[Wait a minute... You have compared my score to yours VH and not eOn's Conroe based system]
VeeHexx
aint the X1900's meant to be up there with 7900gtx's and possibly the 7950?

and i`m sure a single 7900gtx = sli'd 7800gtx's.
please correct me if i`m wrong, but i'm sure thats right.

and i dont think i did prom...
I have run quite a few benchmarks but here's quite an interesting one:

3DMark 2006 Score 6642 3dMarks
SM2.0 Score 2449
SM3.0 Score 2745
CPU Score 3058

im' getting (like i said in previous post) 6869 marks, and 1194 cpumarks

edit: how the fudge do u get 2429 cpumarks, prom!? i ran 3ghz (ur 200mhz faster), on the same single-core opty 146, yet u doubled my cpu score (1194 > 2429)
[O-CuK]eOn
Well as I said its and interesting score. However it does say "SLI" in your post VeeHexx. But I only got 5000 with my FX55 so in my mind a single 1900 getting 6600 is good (I think most SLI rigs get 10k)?? How ever the really telling thing is the CPU score. 3000 is mental, but Proms score of 2400 is stunning too. Is your Opty dual core?? I have nearly 1 frame a sec and 1.5 frame per sec on the CPU test.

But VeeHexx has a point, is it really that stunning? I think it is but I think it's worth remembering that in the whole the jump to core 2 might not be as wide as it first seems.

Mind you watching windows load in 5 to 6 seconds is quite fast! (Thats from the bios).

I think your 7900 is very fast, most scores I have seen have put the 1900 on a small way behind a 7950.
VeeHexx
this is what i'm waiting for ya see..... someone who you can trust with a real-world rig giving out benchmarks.

thing is tho..... i'm sure the 7900gtx cards are alot quicker than the 7800gtx cards (which i have). taking this into account, the 7950 cards should be even quicker (2x 7900 cards, on 1 physical slot). so that should put my 2 7800gtx's to shame.
right..... now ya got the x1900 which is slightly slower than 7950 (which should be around twice as fast as mine...), yet your giving less 3dmarks than my setup.

edit:
ok, seems im totally wrong then tongue.gif
thanks to the review centre - ant posted up http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=925&pageID=2304, and quite clearly says that 2x 7800gtx cards = very slightly slower than a single 7950 card.

guess that's corrected me tongue.gif
to be fair tho, i was expecting more 3dmarks with conroe, dispite 'mark06 not being as dependant on CPU speed as previous 3dmarks have been.
whats it like on 3dmark01? bet it a good few k's higher than my 33k score.
[O-CuK]eOn
50k??? Thats not to bad is it?

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9018227

Tom.

(CPU at 3.4)

To be honest the only thing that I think is holding me back is that my Motherboard will only let me Volt the CPU to 1.35. There is an option that is called cpu vid and another called cpu vtt. The vtt one only goes up to 1.3v but the other one makes much smaller steps (.025)??? Would this help?? And having such a low multiplier is worrying me for when my Mach comes back.

Oh, just one more thing, are your cards OC??? My 1900 is totaly standard, no OC or aftermarket cooler.

Tom.
Prometheus
Ooooo its getting confusing...

Apologises if i got muddled earlier... Right My Opteron 170 is a dual core processor. Its basically an FX60 dual core processor running at 3.2GHz
[O-CuK]eOn
And to put it in perspective Prom, 3d mark is a grafix card test. So I guess you and I being so close is what you would expect. And as for VeeHexx, mate my single card is nearly outputting the same as your SLI????? Surely that's fairly good?

Does anyone have a Crossfire set up yet?? Do you get 12k if you do??

Tom.
[O-CuK]eOn

O-CuK Bee
eOn' date='Aug 1 2006, 09:46 PM' post='164338']Does anyone have a Crossfire set up yet?? Do you get 12k if you do??

Tom.

I will do very soon, this post weakened me, I'll be ordering the second card sometime tomorrow, so lan benching anyone?
SteelPriest
As soon as i can get my hands on a 6600 conroe i'll be getting 2 1900s, my asus p5w dh deluxe is on its way.

can't wait to get back into benching for a while biggrin.gif
qotsa
e0n, any chance of running 3dmark03 and posting your cpu score on it? Are those o/clocks with or without mach cooling?
VeeHexx
very nice score with 3dmark01, eon

ur single card vs my SLI - i'm obviously expecting MORE performance from the latest and greatest gfx cards, than my SLI config (obviously i was wrong). i just had this thought the 7950's and x1900's were considerably faster than 7800gtx SLI.

but yeah, SLI 7800gtx performance in a single card is not to be sniffed at smile.gif

i think VTT voltage = hyperthreading link voltage
only becomes an issue once you go over the mobo's rated 800/1000mhz speed. (that is on AMD A64 mobo anyway.... conroe got different HT link speeds?)

'im guessing it's the other voltage control u need - that goes up in small increments. usually the one for CPU control.
[O-CuK]eOn
Gotsa, will do mate. All scores are with out Mach as at the moment it's back in Denmark being fixed. I'll have the scores for you later.

VeeHexx, yep but heres the thing. On other forums they are getting their DFI's to 1.6 Volts but mine will only show 1.3 max??? Anyone know why?

There is no HT on an Intel system mate.

Oh and I should say a big thank you to P-Dub for hosting the images.

Tom.
VeeHexx
different BIOS revision, eon?
either latest bios, or a tweaked on. only thing i can think of. (without going to the older days of an 'overvolt' jumper, enabling a pre-set voltage)
[O-CuK]eOn
Nope same BIOS as me. And I have updated too but still 1.3v. Checked the board for jumpers but nothing. There is one thing, the board does have an 8 pin p4 power plug but I only have the normal 4 pin version on my PSU. Now the manual says I can plug it in and it will still work but I wounder if this is the reason I can't get more Volts??
[O-CuK]eOn
3DMark03

21738Marks

CPU Score 2082Marks

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4895339

I had to lower the CPU a bit as it's getting quite hot!

Still on stock HSF and & 3.4 Ghz
qotsa
eOn' date='Aug 2 2006, 09:07 PM' post='164414']3DMark03

21738Marks

CPU Score 2082Marks

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4895339

I had to lower the CPU a bit as it's getting quite hot!

Still on stock HSF and & 3.4 Ghz

thanks for that mate. Has anyone heard of there being any cases of the conroe's having a coldbug, or are they all good for -c temps?
[O-CuK]eOn
Not that I know of. I have been looking at a lot of forums and not seen an issues at all. But I'll let you know once my Mach comes back.

Tom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.